POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Two Blobs (14 KB) : Re: Two Blobs (14 KB) Server Time
5 May 2024 00:38:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two Blobs (14 KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 27 Jun 2000 16:08:49
Message: <39590943.6E32D6BD@online.no>
Chris Huff wrote:

> In article <39590205.8CE9B9B6@online.no>, Tor Olav Kristensen
> <tto### [at] onlineno> wrote:
>
> > So I think my "manual" macro has an advantage here :-)
> > It can can "map" any blob surface topology.
> > But its parsing very slowly. Maybe I'll combine trace() with my macro
> > later.
>
> You could probably use the blob pattern patch with eval_pattern() or
> eval_pigment() to do the same thing...it would probably render faster.

I don't understand. Please explain this. And what is blob pattern patch ?

> BTW, I have been working on adding new component types to the blob
> pattern. So far I have added "box"(pretty obvious), "pigment"(where the
> grayscale value of the pigment at each point is the field value of the
> component at that point.), and "blob"(which takes an ordinary blob
> object as input) component types.

Ahhh...Yes !

Please, please include a torus component !
(I love torii and therefore I've been missing a torus component
for a long time.)

And maybe a cone component !

The "blob" type component I don't understand.

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html